Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 2 Update: Schedule



That's the Week 2 schedule of games. Most of the main conference games were picked because, well they should be great contests, or at the very least, entertaining. When I first started out doing this back in July, I wanted to leave some room to add good games as they pop up during the season and we have two of those here.

East Carolina shocked the ACC by beating Virginia Tech this weekend. Who would have thought? I remember watching this game last year, it was the first football game since the VA Tech shootings, and as I watched I sort of felt "C'mon ECU, please let them win." I don't remember the final score, but I remember thinking at times that VA Tech was going to lose on such an important day for their campus. I guess ECU decided to let them off the hook for a year. I don't think ECU has a shot against West Virginia, but I wouldn't be that surprised this time. I hope it's a good game at least.

I didn't originally pick the Miami/Florida game because I didn't know what to expect from either team. Florida talked about how they were going to limit Tebow's role and they have a lot of new faces that have to prove themselves. As for Miami, the historically great team has been far from that lately, and with a convincing win against Charleston Southern (who? exactly) maybe they can get back into form. Both teams have a lot to prove, so it should be interesting.

The conference games are all relatively easy to predict. There are always a few curveballs, but things should stay pretty regular still in Week 2. I like Cinci and Southern Miss. but I don't think either has a serious shot to pull off an upset, but if they do, you heard it hear first! My pick for the most entertaining game all week goes to Nevada vs Texas Tech. Texas Tech is always at the top of the nation in offense, and Nevada employs a pretty explosive offense themselves. I would guess the total score will be upwards of 75 points.

I hope everybody had a great kickoff weekend. I know I got my fill of football, but I can't wait to get some more. Also, the NFL kicks off on Thursday, so keep an eye on that. Can life get any better?

No comments: